We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
CRG embraces our responsibility to respect diversity, equity, inclusion, and human rights in every aspect of what we do. Our commitments are designed to accelerate our mission to drive meaningful, lasting change in every market where we operate and promote wellbeing across our communities.
Over the last five years, our broader efforts to realize this vision include:
- Increasing funding, accelerating action, and creating measurable targets for diversity, equity, inclusion, and human rights goals
- Using our corporate brand and individual voices to advocate for change
- Maintaining regular dialogue with underrepresented members of our collective teams and in our communities through our Diverse Developers Initiative
- Expanding training, learning, and development opportunities to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and human rights
- Increasing diverse representation among our employees
Our commitment is measurable
- Annual Juneteenth Fund which has raised $140,000 in 2021 and over $250,000 in 2022 in grants to support local and national organizations that further the causes of equality and justice as it specifically pertains to the Black community
- In support of Pride Month 2022, CRG Cares via The Clayco Foundation supported Brave Space Alliance, the first black-led, trans-led, LGBTQ+ Center located on the South Side of Chicago, via a grant which supports the organization’s redevelopment project of their future Lucy Hicks Anderson House
- The Clayco Foundation and CRG Cares donated $1 Million to Theaster Gates’s Rebuild Foundation to Benefit Arts Incubator at the former St. Laurence Elementary School on Chicago’s South Side. Learn more
- Clayco Rising is the enterprise-wide equity, diversity, and inclusion initiative that brings together a robust variety of barrier-breaking measures enhanced within the organization over the past 25 years to drive a more equitable future in design and construction. Programs include Clayco NOW (Network of Women) and the Juneteenth Fund
- Supporter of the Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW), who is dedicated to transforming the commercial real estate industry by advancing women globally
- Promote and provide opportunities via our Diverse Developer Initiative and Clayco Rising to Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) and Women Business Enterprises (WBE) throughout all levels of the enterprise
Diversity & Equal Opportunities
CRG is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmation action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of CRG to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.
CRG is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment, free of all forms of unlawful discrimination, including any type of harassment. We also comply with all applicable employment and labor laws. Our Company’s greatest strength lies in the talent and ability of its associates. Since working in partnership is vital to CRG’s continued success, mutual respect must be the basis for all work relationships. Engaging in behavior that ridicules, belittles, intimidates, threatens, or demeans another person can, of course, negatively impact that person, and can also have a negative impact on productivity and our Company’s reputation. It may also violate the law. You are expected to treat others with the same respect and dignity that any reasonable person would wish to receive. Our goal is always to create and maintain a work environment that is inclusive, supportive, and free of any harassment or unlawful discrimination. The talents and skills needed to conduct business successfully are not limited to any particular group of people. CRG has a long-standing commitment to maintaining a culture of respect based on fair employment practices. Our Company’s policy is to ensure equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals. At CRG, we will never unlawfully discriminate against anyone. As part of this commitment and as required by law, CRG will make reasonable accommodations for associates and qualified applicants with disabilities.
CRG takes its inclusive workforce obligations seriously and takes positive steps to maintain a diverse workforce.